If you want to deploy Elixir to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform, this book is for you!
If you want to learn how to create an Elixir cluster or orchestrate your application with Kubernetes, this book is for you!
In my previous book, I showed you how to deploy to different platforms using Elixir Releases and Docker.
Now I'll show you how to do clustering, use Kubernetes and deploy to AWS, Azure, and GCP.
Deploy Elixir like the pros in the Industry do!
Clustering and Kubernetes
In this book, I'll show you how to create a cluster of Elixir nodes and deploy it to production.
I'll also show you how to use Kubernetes to orchestrate your Elixir application and scale it up and down.
I'll show you how to use the command-line interface (CLI) tools to future-proof your knowledge, as the web consoles and portals tend to change.
Deploy to Cloud Providers
When you want to have full control of the infrastructure where you deploy your Elixir application, you most likely will go to one of the big three cloud providers. I'll teach you how to deploy to:
- AWS, using Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Azure, using Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- GCP, using Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
Included in the book
- 150 pages written in a clear, simple language.
- 1 month's worth of learning distilled into a single book
- Available in PDF and ePub formats
- 7 chapters with detailed instructions, images, console snippets
- 5 appendices with instructions to install your CLI tools and to sign up and configure access to AKS, EKS, and GKE
- Source code for all the examples under an MIT license. You can use it for your own projects
- Instructions to several types of clusters in Elixir using libcluster
- Deploy an Elixir cluster to a Kubernetes cluster
- Practice and hone your skills with minikube
- Put your knowledge into practice by deploying to AKS, EKS, and GKE
Table of contents
Look at this amazing TOC:
Source code included
All the source code in the book is open source under the MIT license, so you can use it and adapt it to your specific scenarios.
About the book
This book is the second part of my previous book "Deploying Elixir". It is based on the amazing feedback I got from the 1000+ developers that downloaded it and learned from it.
They asked me to write about Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, and GCP.
Many of them wanted to learn more about Elixir clustering.
This book is the answer to that!
I am a Software Engineer with almost 20 years of experience in private companies and in the government. I have programmed in backend and frontend systems and I love functional programming languages.
I am always learning new things and I love to share what I learn with others.
Sharing what I know is what I love to do.
Aren't yet convinced?
I have some FREE content for you to read and see my writing style.
You can get a free chapter to read:
Or maybe you prefer a video version. I presented part of chapter 4 in the this Elixir meetup talk:
Most of what I write is freely available to everyone:
Don't say more, I want it!
Amazing, then click the "I want this!" button and...
Get your copy!!
You'll get digital versions of the book. Start deploying Elixir clusters to Kubernetes